CISM Examination Preparation Exam Excluded
Date/Time: 28/09/2021 - 01/10/2021 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this course
While information has become more easily accessible and readily available, the associated risks and security threats have not only increased in number, but also complexity. As a result, the importance of ensuring that an enterprise’s information is protected has also increased. It is now more important than ever for executives to ensure that their IT security managers have the expertise needed to reduce risk and protect the enterprise.
Designed specifically for information security professionals who are preparing to sit for the CISM exam, the course focuses on the four content areas of the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) job practice: information security governance, risk management and compliance, information security program development and management, information security incident management. Sample exam items will be used throughout the course to reinforce content and familiarize attendees with the CISM exam question format.
The demand for skilled information security management professionals is on the rise, and the CISM certification is the globally accepted standard of achievement in this area.
CISMs understand the business. They know how to manage and adapt technology to their enterprise and industry.
Who should Attend?
- Risk managers.
- Security professionals with front-line experience.
- Security auditors.
- Information security staff.
- Compliance personnel.
- Information security managers.
- CSOs, CISOs and CIOs.
- Information security assurance providers
Day 1 – Information Security Governance
Attendees will understand the broad requirements for effective information security governance, the elements and actions required to develop an information security strategy, and be able to formulate a plan of action to implement this strategy.
- Establish and maintain an information security strategy and align the strategy with corporate governance
- Establish and maintain an information security governance framework
- Establish and maintain information security policies
- Develop a business case
- Identify internal and external influences to the organization
- Obtain management commitment
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Establish, monitor, evaluate and report metrics
Day 2 – Information Risk Management and Compliance
Attendees will be able to manage information security risks.
- Establish a process for information asset classification and ownership
- Identify legal, regulatory, organizational and other applicable requirements
- Ensure that risk assessments, vulnerability assessments and threat analyses are conducted periodically.
- Determine appropriate risk treatment options.
- Evaluate information security controls
- Identify the gap between current and desired risk levels
- Integrate information risk management into business and IT processes
- Monitor existing risk.
- Report noncompliance and other changes in information risk
Day 3 – Information Security Program Development and Management
Attendees will be able to develop and manage an information security plan.
- Establish and maintain the information security program
- Ensure alignment between the information security program and other business functions
- Identify, acquire, manage and define requirements for internal and external resources
- Establish and maintain information security architectures
- Establish, communicate and maintain organizational information security standards, procedures, guidelines
- Establish and maintain a program for information security awareness and training
- Integrate information security requirements into organizational processes
- Integrate information security requirements into contracts and activities of third parties
- Establish, monitor and periodically report program management and operational metrics
Day 4 – Information Security Incident Management
Students will effectively manage information security within an enterprise and develop policies and procedures to respond to and recover from disruptive and destructive information security events.
- Establish and maintain an organizational definition of, and severity hierarchy for, information security incidents
- Establish and maintain an incident response plan
- Develop and implement processes to ensure the timely identification of information security incidents
- Establish and maintain processes to investigate and document information security incidents
- Establish and maintain incident escalation and notification processes
- Organize, train and equip teams to effectively respond to information security incidents
- Test and review the incident response plan periodically
- Establish and maintain communication plans and processes
- Conduct post-incident reviews
- Establish and maintain integration among the incident response plan, disaster recovery plan and business continuity plan
Certification and Accreditation
To become a CISM, an applicant must:
• Achieve a passing score on the CISM exam.
• Submit an application with verified evidence of three years of work experience as described below.
• Agree to abide by the ISACA Code of Professional Ethics, which can be viewed at www.isaca.org/ethics.
• Agree to abide by the CRISC continuing professional education (CPE) policy, which can be viewed at ISACA CISM Maintenance Page.
- Computer-based examination
- 4 hours
- 150 multiple-choice question exam
- ISACA uses a 200 – 800 point scale with 450 as the passing mark for the exams
Language : Conducted in Thai Language
Duration : 4 Days
Date : September 28 – October 1, 2021
Time : 9.30 am. – 16.30 pm.
Location : ACinfotec Training Center
Contact : T 02 670 8980-3
Price : 34,000 Bhts (Excluding Vat 7%)
This event is fully booked.
Terms & Conditions for Course Registration
Please read the following terms & conditions for course registration carefully. Upon clicking submit button, it is demonstrated that I/We understand and accept the registration and cancellation policies and procedures.
- Full payment is required in advance prior to course commencement date.
- Payment is due upon registration
- Delegates who cancel after registration, or who don’t attend, are liable to pay the full course fee and no refunds can be given
- A replacement is always welcome
Disclaimer: ACinfotec reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel. Any part of its published programme due to unforeseen circumstances.