About this course
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide. In addition, PRINCE2 provides business case driven project management, excellent governance control and ready to use templates.
The PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course is a 5-day combined offering intended for delegates to sit for both the Foundation Certificate (Day3) and Practitioner exam (Day 5). It provides a platform and forum for the practice and internalization of the concepts and methods within the syllabus plus an exam focused guidance to enable delegates to confidently approach the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination.
Participants are eligible to claim 35 PMI PDUs upon attending this course.
• Candidates for the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination must already hold the PRINCE2 Foundation certificate to be eligible.
The key objectives of PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner 5-day course are:
• Understand the PRINCE2 method
• Understand the integrated elements of PRINCE2 (principles, processes, themes and tailoring) within a work environment
• Understand the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to project management
• Apply PRINCE2 controlled approach in work environment and how to tailor PRINCE2 to your organizational need
• Prepare delegates for the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Exam
Who Should Attend
• This course is intended for organizations and individuals requiring a controlled approach to managing projects. Suitable for project managers, team managers, project support, assurance staff and managers from any discipline. The course is particularly aimed at people who are responsible for managing projects.
• The PRINCE2® method is flexible and adaptable for any type and size of project, and offers an excellent management foundation for any member of staff.
The 5-day course covers the Foundation and Practitioner syllabus and includes the following focus areas in greater depth:
• Structured Approach to Managing Projects
Setting the scene for a structured approach to managing all projects; project success criteria; the model of the PRINCE2 method including the integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and tailoring.
• The Process-based Approach
PRINCE2 focuses on key processes needed for successful project management which must be present, but may be ‘tailored’ to reflect the complexity, scope and risks faced by the project. PRINCE2 Process Model will be used to help delegates understand and appreciate what should be done to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle.
• Business Case
What is a Business Case; Outcomes, Outputs, Benefits and Dis-benefits; Developing, Verifying and Maintaining the Business Case; Confirming the benefits and the Benefits Review Plan.
Project Management Team Structure and the Project Board, Project Assurance, Project Manager, Team Manager, Change Authority and Project Support roles & responsibilities. Stakeholder management; Communication Management Strategy.
• Project Planning
Levels and content of Plans; Exception Plans; Product-based approach to planning – Project Product Description, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description, Product Flow Diagram; the PRINCE2 planning steps.
• Monitoring and Controlling Progress
Management and Technical Stages. Tolerance and Raising Exceptions. Project Board and Project Manager Controls for Reviewing and Reporting Progress; Baselines for Control; Capturing and Reporting Lessons; Event-driven and time-driven controls.
• Change and Configuration Management
Issue and Change Control procedure; Configuration Management procedure; Configuration Management Strategy; Baseline, Handling changes; Tracking and protecting products; Change Authority; Change Budget.
Quality Defined, The Quality Audit Trial; Acceptance Criteria, Quality Criteria, Quality Management Strategy, Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality Review technique.
Risk and Risk Management; Risk Management in Projects; Risk Management Strategy; Risk Management Procedure; Risk Budget.
The Prince2 Foundation examination will lead to Foundation certification. The format of the examination is as follows:-
• Multiple choice questions
• 75 questions per paper
• 5 questions are trial questions and will not be considered in the final score
• 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass – 50%
• 60 minutes duration
• Closed book
The Prince2 Practitioner examination will lead to Practitioner certification. The format of the examination is as follows:-
• 9 questions per paper with 12 marks available per question
• 59 marks required to pass (55% passing score)
• Duration of 2.5 hours allowed (With no extra reading time)
• Open-book examination (Only the PRINCE2 Manual is allowed)
To maintain your PRINCE2 Practitioner Qualification you will need to sit and pass a PRINCE2 Re-Registration exam within 5 years of passing your original examination. PRINCE2 Practitioner Re-Registration exam is a 1 hour open book (PRINCE2 manual only) examination consisting of 3 scenario-based objective test questions
Language: Conducted in English Language
Duration: 5 Days
Venue: ACinfotec Training Center
16th Fl., Asia Centre Bldg., South Sathorn Rd.
Training Fees: 120,000 BAHT (Ex.Vat 7%)
Tel : 02 670 8980-3 ext. 304, 305
ACinfotec Co., Ltd. is an affiliate of Sapience Consulting Pte Ltd and acknowledges the ATO for the delivery of PRINCE2, ITIL, AGILE Project Management, ISO/IEC20000, SDI, COBIT5 Change Analyst, Problem Analyst and Sourcing Governance.