Simulation Game – Grab@Pizza
Increase the Performance of your Business through the creation of a high performing IT department
Your team runs the IT department of one of the World’s largest Pizza companies. Your task is to support the business with excellent IT products and services. The market is highly competitive which forces your Business to design new products, develop powerful marketing and sales initiatives and develop a high level of operating excellence with a fast, low cost, high quality order and delivery process. IT plays an important role in enabling the business to achieve its strategic aims. Your challenge is to align yourself with business demands and organize your IT capabilities in such a way that the Business can achieve its targets for lowering operational costs, increasing revenue and market share, and increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty. During this one day interactive workshop you will play 6 rounds. Each round represents one month in the life cycle of Grab@Pizza.
In each round you will need to:
- Analyze the current performance of your IT Infrastructure and organization;
- Identify the Business requirements and demands for IT solutions;
- Make decisions about resources, workload and priorities;
- Calculate the IT costs for this round and make investment decisions;
- Plan Application Development activities and plan the Change Calendar;
- Propose and implement improvements to align IT performance to business needs.
At the end of each round the team will be confronted with the actual performance of the Business in terms of:
- Business Sales figures;
- Business Operating costs;
- Customer satisfaction.
This Business Simulation will teach the participants how to become a High Performance IT department. The team(s) will be faced with the need to align their IT capabilities to changing business needs, reflecting the challenges facing many IT organizations.
- How to deliver agreed IT Services with limited resources. Limited in terms of budget and employees.
- How to minimize your IT costs by optimizing ITSM people, processes and supporting technology.
- How to use your Supplier effectively.
- How to prioritize IT investments and workload, in terms of Maintenance & Support and Innovation & Development.
- How to translate Business Requirements into the required IT Services.
- How to plan application development activities, prioritize the projects/ changes planned on the Change Calendar. 7. How to minimize potential business risk threats to continuity caused by poor availability, capacity and security of the IT services.
- How to realize and demonstrate business value. This Business Simulation will teach the group how to deploy the People, Process, Product and Partner capabilities to create a High Performing IT department.
This Business Simulation is developed for the following target groups:
- Business Management • ITSM Process Managers
- Business Employees • ITSM Service Level Managers
- IT Management • ITSM Service Managers
The team consists of 6-10 participants. The participants will play one or more of the following roles:
- Business Manager, Sales
- Service Level Manager
- IT Manager
- IT Support Team
- IT Operations Team
- Change Manager
- IT Finance Manager
- Service Manager
- Business Manager Logistics
The game leader will play the roles of the Supplier and the CEO.
Service Level Manager. The Business Manager,Sales has made a 6-month business plan containing 5 important business initiatives. The Service Level Manager will analyze the requirements and translate them into IT service requirements. IT must implement the IT solutions to ensure the business can achieve their objectives.
Change Manager. The Change Manager will plan the changes in the change calendar and will manage the change. The change requests will come from business demands, problem manager, supplier or IT operations.
IT Support. IT Support will support the users. They will receive calls, requests or incidents in each round that need to be solved by Service Desk or Incident Management. Problem Management will analyze the incidents and define change requests to avoid new incidents.
IT Operations. IT Operations will monitor the capacity and availability of the IT Infrastructure. To avoid any downtime or incidents they will create change requests to upgrade or improve the infrastructure.
IT Manager. The IT manager will lead his IT team.
IT Finance. IT Finance will manage the IT Budget. Service Manager. This role will be responsible for the (agreed) performance of the IT Services.
During the reflection moments between the rounds, we will discuss Jerry Luftman’s principles for effective Business and IT Alignment.
– Competency and IT Value Measurement
– Scope and Architecture
Duration : 1 Days
Date : TBA
Language : Conducted in English Language
Contact : T 02 670 8980 – 3 ext. 308
: F 02 670 8984
: E firstname.lastname@example.org